DAN is Divers Alert Network, the diving industry’s largest association dedicated to scuba diving safety. Serving scuba divers for more than 30 years, DAN provides emergency assistance, medical information resources, educational opportunities and more. Whether you are just learning how to scuba dive or are a veteran of the sport, DAN has a great deal to offer you.
All DAN Courses are conducted on an as needed basis, this means that every course is scheduled and tailored to meet your needs. Please contact us for pricing and scheduling.
Courses Offered by TRY Diving:
- Emergency O2 Provider – This course will teach you the techniques of emergency oxygen administration for suspected diving injuries and nonfatal drowning. You will learn the fundamentals of recognizing diving injuries along with proper response and management techniques.
- Hazardous Marine Life Injuries – This course teaches divers to identify and avoid potentially harmful marine life, and provides the first aid skills to minimize these injuries and reduce discomfort.
- CPR and First Aid – You can help save a life. You learn to perform CPR, use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and become familiar with the signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and cardiac arrest. Other skills that are covered are managing shock and controlling external bleeding.
- CPR Health Care Provider – This course takes CPR to the next level, teaching you to respond as part of a team. You will also learn how to perform CPR on children and infants.
- Neurological Assessment– This course focuses on how to obtain essential information about an individual suspected of having a stroke, and what information should be relayed to EMS.
Diver Emergency Management Provider – Instructor
Teach others the basics of emergency response with the DEMP program. If you are a dive professional, this course should be in your tool box. It includes Emergency Oxygen Provider, Neurological Assessments, Basic Life Support, CPR and First Aid and Hazardous Marine Life Injuries.
Diving First Aid for the Professional Diver – Instructor
Teaching this course will allow you to make your team stronger. This program is designed to teach how to respond to an emergency in a group setting. It includes Emergency Oxygen Provider, Hazardous Marine Life Injuries, Neurological Assessments and CPR for the Health Care Provider.
(Coast Guard Approval)
Full Suite – DAN Instructor
This course is a two day program that involves everything offered by DAN. By completing this course, you will be able to offer your customers the most comprehensive courses in emergency management for divers, with something to offer all levels of divers and beach goers. Prepare your customers for handling medical emergencies including minor scrapes and abrasions, stroke, heart attack, allergic reactions and decompression illness.