Recreational SCUBA: (PADI) – Contact for pricing and scheduling
TRY Diving offers recreational courses as custom schedule, private lessons only. We feel that the only way to create safe, competent and comfortable divers is to spend time one on one and build a relationship with our students. We want you to join our family, not just take a class from us. Because of the nature of our classes, availability is limited so call or e mail to discuss scheduling and pricing.
Discover SCUBA – Try it out
Advanced – Try several different types of diving, see what you like
- If you’re already an Adventure Diver, you only need to complete two more Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification. You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Specialties – Explore the types of diving that interest you the most
- Aware Fish ID
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery (Todd’s Favorite)
- Tec Gas Blender (Trimix)
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator
Rescue – Learn to recognize issues before they become problems, and how to respond to problems before they become emergencies.
- Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
Master Scuba Diver – Join the best of the best in recreational scuba diving
- Live the dive life as a PADI Master Scuba Diver. The Master Scuba Diver rating places you in an elite group of respected divers who have earned this rating through both significant experience and scuba training. Fewer than two percent of divers ever achieve this rating. When you flash your Master Scuba Diver card, people know that you’ve spent time underwater in a variety of environments and had your share of dive adventures.